What camera will you use? Will be it a digital camera? Smartphone? Chromebook webcam? All three? Below are resources to help you with each method. If you have a website that should be added, please contact me.
- Are Smartphone Cameras as Good as DSLRs? NO! OMG STOP ASKING! by JuanBagnell
- Pro Photographer, Cheap Camera Challenge (#2 Hermann Lee) by DigitalRev TV
This year #ComptonJHS students loved the Chromebook camera. They were a little sad when the filters disappeared, but they would constantly snap photos with their friends during class. The next favorite camera was the student's personal phone. Many students had better phones than me! Others had clear tape holding the screen together that they used to take photos.
Originally, I had purchased Canon 12x cameras, but the students did not like how small the cameras were. When student photographers attended concerts and sporting events, they preferred years old Fuji cameras that ran on batteries. We have ordered 4 EOS Rebel T6 EF-S 18-55mm IS II Kits for next year.
- 10 Recommended Cameras for Photography Classes by ALC
- What to Look for When Buying a Camera by Yearbook Discoveries
- HP provides detailed directions on Using the Chromebook Camera app
- If you need to install the Chrome camera, click here.
Smart Phone Cameras
- Using Your Cell Phone for Yearbook Photography by Picabook Yearbooks
- 12 smartphone photo tricks you can use for your yearbook by Fusion Yearbooks
- USB Type 2 C to transfer photos from camera to computer
- SanDisk 32GB Ultra Class 10 SDHC UHS-I Memory Card