With the layout finalized, it is time to replace image templates with yearbook photos that are stored in Google Photos or a Shared Google Drive folder.
- Select an image.
- A new menu appears. Select Replace image.
- Select the image you want.
- Repeat with the next image.
If the image is not centered to your liking, click on the image once. Then move the image up, down, right, or left until you are happy with the look.
Using Google Photos with the Replace image option also yearbook students to use facial recognition.
When using the Replace image option, images will get cropped. In the example to the left, Federico's forehead was cut off. To fix this, simply re-center the replaced image.
- Double-click on the image.
- The original image size will appear on the edges.
- Use the arrow keys to readjust the image as desired.
Replace Image Template using the Google Sides Camera
- Click on the image.
- Select Replace image.
- Select Camera.
- Take photos. The app displays the last 3 photos taken.
- Select the photo of your choice and Insert.
- Use the arrow keys as necessary to readjust the photo.
A yearbook is not a yearbook without captions. How else will you remember names, dates, and events?